Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Serendipity

Serendipity: "The occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way." 




I am hoping for some serendipity with this warp. My 10 warp chains are made. Now this is supposed to be for a tunic and it might be nice for various reasons if one side of the garment looked like the other, a reflection from the center. This isn't gonna happen. I used up every bit of left over warp and as I ran out of certain colors I tied on a new one. I tried to keep an alternate contrasting thread order which helps with color and weave effects but honestly I am not weaving 7 yards of this with two shuttles. I have yet to pick a weft. The warp chains look nice I will see how it "reads" when I start weaving. I have some large cones of beiges and off-whites. I just don't want to wear something that makes me look like I matriculated from Clown School. Is that a calliope I hear?



No comments:

Post a Comment